Health Tips » 6 Famous Anti-Snoring Devices that everyone is using in Healthcare Industry
Author: | May 12th 2018
Do you or your spouse snore? Snoring is the often loud or harsh sound that can occur as your sleep. As you fall asleep, muscles in your soft palate, throat and tongue relax. Snoring is then created when the flow of air as you breathe allows the tissues in the back of your throat vibrate. The sound most often occurs as you breathe in air, and it can come through the nose, mouth or a combination of the two. It can occur during any stage of sleep.
Unfortunately, snoring can cause real problems in a marriage; causing couples to sleep in separate rooms. Luckily there are snoring solutions to prevent snoring such as devices. These mouthpiece devices are highly recommended by many doctors, sleep dentists and sleep specialists as an effective way to reduce or even eliminate snoring. It’s been over a decade of research studies and clinical testing proving how these devices are extremely effective.
Want to find out? Below are the top 5 anti-snoring devices that you really want to consider:
1. ZenSleep – ZenSleep is an all-in-one system which includes pieces such as a, ZenVents, ZenStrap, ZenGuard, ZenMask, and ZenPlugs. This is a proven and effective anti-snore device because it features pieces that specifically target your snoring issues, while it’s easy to use!
2. VitalSleep - VitalSleep is not only a customer favorite but is also available at a great price (it has the lowest return rate of most devices on the list). With VitalSleep Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece, it gently holds your lower jaw forward to keep your airway open and unobstructed.
This allows to improve airflow which then alleviates your snoring and allows you to breathe more easily and naturally while you sleep. This anti-snoring device is so easy to use - it’s customizable and moldable, and will contour to fit comfortably, no matter the size or shape of your mouth.
The VitalSleep comes with two sizes: regular size (which is recommended for men) and a small sized mouthpiece (which is recommended for women). Reviewers have stated that VitalSleep is the most comfortable mouthpiece! Totally worth checking out.
3. ZQuiet – This is another recommended and effective anti-snoring device. ZQuiet is an anti-snoring mouthpiece that is made of medical-grade plastic. It’s designed and created by a dentist to advance the lower jaw by a few millimeters to prevent the base of the tongue blocking the airway, which is the most common cause of snoring.
4. SnoreRX – SnoreRX is also an anti-snoring mouthpiece, made from premium medical-grade copolymer materials. SnoreRX takes a custom impression of your teeth, which allows each user to personalize their device. This device works by moving the lower jaw slightly forward to maintain an open airway while you sleep.
5. Good Morning Snore Solution (GMSS) – This anti-snoring device is praised from thousands of customers and recommended by doctors around the world. This is also a mouthpiece anti-snoring device that is doctor-developed to be the safest, most effective and least invasive snoring system.
The Good Morning Snore Solution is like a suction cup that gently holds the tip of your tongue in a forward position whilst you sleep, creating a clear airway and keeping your mouth closed. This mouthpiece is actually more like a tongue retainer – almost like a baby sucking on a pacifier, which silences a baby from crying, similarly the GMSS silences a person’s snoring.
The Google Morning Snore Solution is also designed to fit any user, no matter the size or shape of their mouth. And on the plus side, no adjustment is required - you can just start using it right away.
6. SleepTight – This product was designed by an experienced dentist and is a mouthpiece. SleepTight mouthpiece is a MAD that can be custom-fitted in the privacy of your home.
The SleepTight device holds the lower jaw in a forward position, which helps to keep the airway free. In order to create a mold of your jaw, the SleepTight device has a hard exterior and an inner core of material that gets softened. This mouthpiece features an air hole that measure 6 millimeters.
While there are a variety of anti-snoring devices to choose from, it can be difficult to find the right one for you. So how to choose, here are a few key characteristics you should consider:
●Type: MAD or TSD? If you are unfamiliar with these terms, MAD, or Mandibular Advancement Device, is the most popular type of snoring aid. MAD devices are the most popular ones because they are generally the devices that actually work. However, they are no means the most comfortable - as the name suggests, it changes the way you hold your jaw in your sleep.
It works by keeping your lower jaw in the forward position and prevents it from falling backwards. TRD (aka Tongue Retaining Device), on the other hand, is made of silicone of very soft plastic that does not involve jaw and teeth soreness and misalignment.
It has a bulb on one end, where you place the tip of your tongue; and when the bulb is squeezed and released, it creates suction, which then pulls the tongue forward, and of your mouth, and remains like that throughout the night.
●Material: Anti-snoring devices nowadays allow the ability to mold the main platform to fit your mouth. Depending on your preferences, figure out what material works best for you.
●Adjustable: Most anti-snoring devices allow you to easily adjust the mouthpiece to your likings. You also have an option to have custom-made anti-snoring devices that are fitted by dentists but with a high cost of $2000 or more.
●Price: If you are working with a specific budget, cost is certainly a huge factor. The typical range of mouthpieces can be anywhere $19.95 to $400 for the most expensive anti snoring mouthpiece.
If you are still unsure on what anti snoring device you should choose, consult with your family doctor, dentist or sleeping specialist to help to guide you to the right direction.