Health Tips » How to stay healthy during winter? 8 must follow steps
1. Stay warm: Keeping your body temperature at optimum level is always important especially during winter. Insulate yourself against cold by wearing caps, wool socks, scarf, and sweaters. Stay indoor during windy days if you have Asthma especially since cold air may trigger it.
2. Wash your hands and maintain hygiene: Many communicable disease can be prevented by washing hands regularly. This destroys bugs that you may have picked up from touching surfaces used by other people, such as light switches and door handles.
3. Stay hydrated: Drink optimal amount of water every day. As the weather cools down and our thirst decreases it is easy to forget to drink enough water. You still need to aim for about two litres/day of water during winter as it is essential for our body to function. Water is very essential to keep your energy and it is better to drink warm water during winter. If you are feel like to drink plain water try soups, green tea, milk etc.
4. Eat rich diet: During winter our body consumes lot of energy. It is very essential to eat foods which are warming and nourishing such as soups, fruits and vegetables and avoid eating food high in fat, sugar and salt which are actually tempting. Be sure your diet includes winter fruit and vegetables packed with vitamins and minerals such as sweet potato, green leafy vegetables, beetroot, kiwi fruit, mandarins, bananas, garlic and ginger. Maintaining a good healthy diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables and minimal amounts of organic meats is another way to keep your body clean and in good working order. Eat more fruits and vegetables which are rich in vitamin C it can boost your immunity. Drink milk and eat more dairy products, they are rich in vitamin B12 and Vitamin A which can boost your immunity.
5. Exercise: The exercise will generate heat inside your body and help you keep you warm. Exercise helps you burning your calories and to stay fit. Thirty minutes of exercise a day bring lot of benefits. It increases your circulation and helps your extremities to preserve warm. The daily exercise can boost person’s physical and mental state.
6. Sleep Enough: Sleep is very essential to regain your strength and to repair your body. Minimum 8 hours of sleep is recommended for adults especially during winter. Proper sleep enhances your immunity and prevents illness. Try to avoid things such as alcohol, cigarette, and caffeine which interfere with your sleep. The regular exercise will also help you to have uninterrupted sleep.
7. No smoking: The cigarette actually worsen your situation during winter. It causes lot of destruction to your lungs, it interfere with your sleep, and it also worsens common cold and asthma conditions. So say no to smoking and cultivate some other good habit to keep away from it.
8. Stay connected: Socializing will really help you in many ways. It helps to reduce the stress, keeping you active and prevents you from struck up inside your den. Eventually, it will increase your immunity level too.